What should you do if your clothes catch on fire?
- Stop: Stop where you are. Don’t run!
- Drop: Drop to the ground.
- Roll: Cover your face with hands & roll over and over to smother the flame
Lets watch this video on fire safety
What should you do if there is smoke in your house and it’s hard to breathe?
Crawl low under smoke where the air is fresher and cooler.
Get out fast. Do not stop to rescue pets or personal possessions.
- Feel the door with the back of your hand. If the door is hot, use another escape route.
- Go directly to your meeting place outside.
- Call 9-1-1 from a neighbor’s home.
- Stay out! Never go back inside for any reason.
Memorize your phone number and street address.
What phone number do you call if there is a fire? What do you tell the person who answers the phone?
Call 9 - 1 - 1
- In case of fire, get out of the house immediately and go directly to a neighbor’s house and dial 9-1-1.
- Provide as much information as possible. Name and your address.
- Stay on the line until the emergency operator advises you to hang up.