- Proper nutrition
- Cardiovascular fitness
Acronym for Fitness: NEW START
A ir (oxygen / good air)
T rust in God
Please refer to pages 17 and 18 in the Sunbeam Activity Book. Below are some resources to help you complete the requirements. Please preview videos to decide whether you want to just learn from them yourself and explain concepts to your child or if you want to watch them with your child.
1. Answer the question: What are the plans God has for us? Read Jeremiah 29:11. Check off step 1.
2. The instructor in this video gives you some hand signs to help you and your child remember the 5 components of physical fitness. If you can complete his little quiz at the end, check off step 2.
3. This video has more than enough stretches to choose from. Note, you might need a chair to hold on to to do some of these one leg stretches. Do one for leg, one for back, and one for arms, then check off step 3.
4.Do activities as described in step 4.
5. As a family, do the following activities together, then check off step 5. Find a room or a hallway where you spread out a little bit. Make a start line and a finish line (with painter's tape or a rulers).
- Try to pass an apple from one person to the other using no hands (under the chin) to the finish line and back.
- Hop to the finish line and then hop back (one person at a time).
- Make an obstacle path and go through it.
- Crawl under the kitchen table.
- Zig zag walk between the chairs (put them in a line).
- Jump over small objects to get to the en